Interview-Cleared.

I was jst wondering what to blog…then my frnd just pointed out to blog about my native. Confused how this is connected to the title???? I thought a topic that played a major role in my campus interview would be a good topic to blog about. Before telling U how this helped me out let me tell U something about my native.

Though living in dust filled and noisy Chennai [Chennai fans please forgive me], I rightly belong to a calm village called Chelakkara, which is a valley and is surrounded by the Machat Mountains on all the four sides. This village belongs to the cultural headquarters of Kerala- Thrissur.

My mom’s native is Thrissur. According to Malayalees, the kid follows her mom’s custom. Thus I follow my mom’s custom. The term Thrissur is the abbreviated anglicized form of the Malayalam word "THRIS-SIVA-PERUR" which means the town of the "SACRED SIVA”. It is the place of 3 Shivan temples - Thiruvambadi temple, Vadakkunathan Temple and Pamamekkavu. [Names look different rite]

Thrissur is famous for one thing that I can’t stop mentioning from-Thrissur Pooram which is a cultural highlight par excellence, celebrated in the Malayalam month Medam (April/May). It is an annual 8-day festival. It is considered to be the mother of all poorams [pooram refers to festival] The two century old festival of spectacular procession of caparisoned elephants and enthralling percussion performances in a never ending succession is an 36 hours marathon event of incredible beauty, a feast for the eye and the ear, unfolding between 6 am to 12 noon . Each elephant participating in this festival is richly caparisoned, adorned with ornaments and topped with an equally well-decorated parasol. There are 15 elephants from each group. Each side tries to outdo the other in the decoration of elephants, as the side putting up a better display than its rival is adjudged as the winner for that particular year. Though the breathtaking spectacle of the procession is over by dusk, the night sky over Thrissur is lit up with an equally breathtaking display of fireworks. These fireworks out beat Diwali of Chennai. Different from the usual temple festival, Thrissur Pooram is participated and conducted by people across all barriers of religion and caste. All people of Kerala celebrate festivals like Onam and Vishu.

So this is all about my native place. It played a major role during my interview [campus selection]. I cleared through aptitude tests and technical interview and finally reached the last lap of so-called placement. Those were the tensed movements of life. Going through technical was somewhat similar to a university lab viva. And to my luck or shall I say bad luck, my HR interviewer turned out to be a Malayalee. So from my application he came to know I am Malayalee. He started off asking question about latest developments of my native to which blinked and passed on to next one. I had to convince him that it is not that I was ignorant but being settled in Chennai and doing engineering has kept me busy from going to my place. With all these things finally getting over I thought I would be sacked and looked at him with expectant eyes. He told me that we would further meet at TCS campus. I was over excited and tried level best to keep calm. The results were announced after a long wait of 3 hours. Finally got through. All these information I collected only after my interview so that atleast nowadays I keep things informed.

Comments

Jaggy said…
Hmmm... Ur switching gears very fast...
Im happy that U hav switched from "Tanglish" to "English"...
The way u hav narrated the rituals of "Thrissur Pooram" makes me think that u r not an amatuer to blogging...
U got a good command on narrating the scene...
Way to go buddy...
Keep going...
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said…
hahahaha.... Dont think that for the next interview they will ask about thirssur. They might ask about Sholinganaloor......Start study about Shol…..Once upon a time……..
I hope you are from SNR office.
Good mate...

Popular posts from this blog

To prioritize or Not to; thats the question

Freedom at Midnight

Malayalam-too tough