Strong ?? Am I

Someone recently told me that I am not as strong as I put up a face in front of people. 

How true!!! 

But let me see, is it only me or almost half of the world we see out there does the same. I would say the later part is true. We are all programmed to adjust and assimilate the environment. And when, things are not , we deal going well, we deal with it in our own terms. Some become frenzy, some go sick, some just become cold(tune out) to the dark clouds and I just do all 3 together.

I remember there was a day, when I got into the wrong rail line while coming back from work as I was so engrossed into a office call. I realized it a while later so couldn't get off anywhere in between that would make it easier to go to my stop. This mistake would make me late to be at home before Dewy comes home. And I always see any mistakes as my incompetence. Now the thing is I have wonderful neighbors who took Dewy in and she was perfectly safe. But to me, if I have to be at home before she comes and if I don't for any reason, be it delayed train or even a longer signal that causes me delay frustrates me to hell.

I got down at a stop that was lot closer to where I wanted to go, took uber to my station and picked my car and drove back home. At that time, I panicked because it was a winter evening getting dark, I almost threw up thinking that my Dewy is at someone's place and not at home with me and then my senses kicked in and all I cared was to go home to her. 

I may not be strong , I may not be perfect but I would do the best I can do, under the circumstances. 

Fact being said, this would have never happened if I ended up the call and noticed which rail line I am getting into, but I can't just let anything slide.  So.......  be it work, or be it parenting- I give my 100% and nothing less. That's just me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To prioritize or Not to; thats the question

Freedom at Midnight

Malayalam-too tough