Low Blow Dewy

 We were doing some age comparison (math fun)  while driving back from guitar class and Dewy was talking about 18 years. So I told her that at 18 she is on her own to find way for her studies and work and I would go out on Europe trip. 

It immediately backfired on me. "When ever you work late, you tell me that all the hard work I am doing now is for you, but if you are anyway going to do Europe trip, spend more time with me now instead of working. I always see you between kitchen, office and calls that I feel bad to ask you to spend time with me.", whined Dewy. 

Ohhh that hurt. I had to explain to her slowly that just because I am busy doesn't mean I can't spend time with her and obviously she is important to me , now and always. And slyly I did tell her that I will certainly do Europe trip at some point in my life when she is all settled with her stuff. Somehow in the heat of the discussion that went unnoticed 😀😀😀

I am at fault that in bustling corporate life and it went unnoticed that my small princess has grown so mature to understand the nuances and think so much about it. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To prioritize or Not to; thats the question

Freedom at Midnight

Malayalam-too tough