Thanksgiving!!!

Haha.. So pretentious I am!!! Just too predictable!!

But can't just leave this festival. If I read the books (I do .. I still do) this goes back to saying thanks for the good harvest and pray for the preceding year. Typically our pongal. And families; use this time to come together, meet, eat and thank for the wonderful year they had.

What do we do!! Shop!! Shop!! Shop!! Till you drop dead.

It was worth seeing. Us ( you know who I am referring to) stand hours together in queue in this frosty cold to shop. To get best deals. And this kinda looked liked our Aadi sale minus the cold and waiting in queue.

And just so you know I did too. 😀 Lets just say to get first hand information about this infamous black Friday shopping.

Few of our typical stuff I could see.

1) There was a guy standing in the queue probably 3 places behind me. He was getting calls continously. And the discussion will go like this. "Haan Bhai. Am in queue. One more camera. Okay good." and then this caught my interest. I started counting. 10 calls!!!

2) Another one of our beloved Desi was standing in front of me. By 4.55 PM ( 5 PM was store opening time) , 4 of his friends joined him in the queue with their family right in front of me. So typically I was 4 in line, suddenly became 8th.

3) I don't know if everyone knows, in Tirupati when we go to Darshan and they lock us in a cage to organise the crowd movement and the time when it is to open the door, there will be peoepl stationed before both the doors (just in case if it opens). Similarly the electronics section could be reached in 5 different ways and there were families which had each member running in each of these 5 routes so that they could grab the door busters. And they were all connected in phone to make sure all of them dont grab the same thing.

Nope I am not exaggerating. This is exactly the scene in a shop on the Thanksgiving day where there were few choicest electronics which had been in people's radar for quite sometime.

Now since this is my first time I did my contribution to the this craziness. Next year I know I have to up my game if I have any big tickets in mind. Not hypocrisy. Survival of the fittest.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To prioritize or Not to; thats the question

Freedom at Midnight

Malayalam-too tough