Flashback in Time Machine…..

Don’t get confused with title. Not a part of Science Fiction certainly.Time Machine takes you to past years of our wish [as fiction says….]. I felt I was on one, these 4 days.

I reached granny’s place with a plan to spend few days with my cousin [Barath] before he packs to U.S. But that turned out to a summer vacation similar to ones we spent on our childhood days. Those vacations begin when my cousin arrives from Calcutta. Barath, my uncle and I – the usual trio had superb time together. It has been years together we spent time together. I felt as if I am back to my childhood days spending vacation with books, beach and bed time stories. We started off with our usual outing which has predefined locations beginning with an hour’s duration in Higginbotham [with quota of 2 books per head], then dip in Marina and finally dinner at Jewel Box.

Spent the whole Sunday at home playing all childish games like translating songs, turn based story telling and cricket. These games were my uncle’s devices to make us learn things when we were kids. The game of song translation begins with a Tamil song being translated to English, Malayalam by me and Barath where many comical instances have happened. The most famous incident is when my uncle suggested a song -”Vel muruganuku mottai onnu poda porom “and I translated it to “Mr.Vel Murugan is going to have his head shaved” and Barath found it difficult to give Malayalam translation for that. The turn based story telling was to develop our creativity and when our creativity moves to ghosts; the story telling ends. So tats how we stop the game.

We had the whole family sitting with us in these games and were full of suggestions to improvise story. We then played cricket in the ground close to Granny’s place. I took 26 runs and Barath 50 runs with a broken window in credit. Finally evening walk at Airport quarters and hearing stories about old airplanes was superb. A summer vacation never ends for us without this walk. Normally these walks will be on the day before my cousin leaves back to Calcutta.

Both of us really enjoyed this short vacation. And probably this is the last summer vacation we can spend with each other in these ways. And now returning back to Vaishnavi Nagar, I find too many works waiting for me :( Stop rewinding and Get Back to work Janani!!!!

Comments

Jaggy said…
nice way to spend time in this Hot Chennai...
Unknown said…
did u play cricket???nice to hear this..
Serendipity said…
cool cricket vera ya. looks lik janani is multifaceted:)

translating songs shud be so so funny

great to know that u got such a nice break from vettiness:)
Janani said…
@ALL
yeah really njoyed last weekend.

@Serendipity
Thnx d I am flattered.

Popular posts from this blog

To prioritize or Not to; thats the question

Freedom at Midnight

Malayalam-too tough