15 Long Years

 Yesterday, I completed 15 years with my company. I do remember distinctively the day I attended the big first day session in a hall in Coimbatore where we were handed over our welcome kit and I was elated.

First job, fresh out of college certainly has its charms. I got a fancy numbered employee ID with the company. And I remember telling my friends that it is an easy number to remember. After 15 years, it is etched into my brain and it is still a fancy number to me. At that time, I wasn't too oriented towards what  I want to become because I was still in cloud nine of being independent. 

Out of these 15, last 9 has been with the same project where I grew and Dewy grew. And in fact these 9 years has been totally because of 2 women - Mom and Dewy. It has been a roller coaster ride. Mom supported me through everything with work (all late nights) , with Dewy and my home. Dewy adjusted her best she could when we moved to a new country. To sound cliché, I did have few good managers who gently pushed me into river to swim with floaters and stood in bank ready to jump in case  I sink.

Now I am more focused towards what I want, what I want to achieve and when to stop (this seemed harder to learn).  But all said and done, these are my 15 years and I love every single one of them.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To prioritize or Not to; thats the question

Freedom at Midnight

Malayalam-too tough