Misogynistic here too!!

So much for developed country!!  I think my rant on this is never going to change.

Its as simple as this. I wanted to change the car tires before it starts to snow and avoid you know like my last year adventure where I went into a tizzy.

So I went to near by service guy and asked about the tire types, expected mileage and life. It is already painful to do this discussion with the masks on as the voices are damn muffled and it makes you at times guess some of the discussion. I asked the guy about TPMS ( the pressure monitoring system) that is also most of the times changed with the tires (at times freely by the Servicing company) and this guy said "Brakes are not anywhere tires. We don't touch them". I was little confused. Why was he talking about brakes and even worse why is he giving me a smirk.

I was like huh? what? He again said brakes pad are on wheels and has nothing to do with tires. Now I got it that he didn't get what TPMS was. I had to tell him that I was asking him about Pressure system and certainly not brakes. And I told him that smugly. (And mentally thought that he just lost one business opportunity.)

I did get my tires changed with another service guy (infact at a better cost than this one) but still it irks me when guys think that women has absolutely no idea what they talk about as far as automobiles are concerned.

I dealt with this irritating looks and sneer in India when I went for servicing and ask stuff around the process. 

Some things never change I guess!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To prioritize or Not to; thats the question

Freedom at Midnight

Malayalam-too tough