Dewy- The Lab Rat

Yeah a lab rat (Nope!!! not my cooking. We are well past it. I wouldn't do that blasphemy)

Now to the topic!!! 2020 Favorite topic.

When school started, we had 2 choices given by school - Hybrid or Cyber. I chose hybrid.

It means some days in school and some days at home and the school district had multiple meetings with parents and the board on the plans and finally our district decided to keep 2 days school and 3 days home. Also to thin the crowd, they decided to split it based on the last name.

So coming back, Dewy was hybrid. When I announced the same in a parent's group, I am sure that  my careless attitude towards my child (as other parents say) would have topic at many homes.

Truthfully, it is a scary decision and it wasn't a impetuous decision. I knew the risks I was putting Dewy  into and also many days of fighting with my inner devil to figure out what to do.

Dewy (as many kids right now) , totally shut down from friends really wanted to see someone of her age, even if it is with masks, sanitizer and even if it was in school for just half day. She vouched to me that even half a day at school would make her feel more human and like a kid. I can empathize that feeling and this new "new life" is painful as it comes.

And I know that with me working full time, I can't do justice to her studies. Not that she wants me to hand hold her but still "as a parent" I should do my part.

Anyway , why lab rat, you may ask. Its been a month of this new school system and a lot of Dewy's friend's parents are asking me how she feels. I understood the concern because all these masks and scary stuff which we as parents preach and send is all too much to digest for these young ones. But more it looks like they are all waiting to see if something is going to happen in the school district (you know I can't say it out loud)

PS :- I really appreciate the school district. They have well thought out the process and made things as social distance-able they can make for kids to follow. Dewy simply lives to go to school those 2 days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To prioritize or Not to; thats the question

Freedom at Midnight

Malayalam-too tough