Smells Amazing

 January is already over and it went in a jiffy. It took me some solid time to get over the fact that it would take me sometime to go and meet my parents again, plus booster dose knocking me out completely ( Now I know my first 2 doses were saline) and then a horrendous cold. That's how I didn't realize it went fast.

I remember writing some dreary post about home and then instead of publishing I deleted it. That being said, I thought I wont make this one droopy

This is about some smells that bring me smile or :-(

1) Camphor- This reminds me of home. It is not that camphor was lit every day in my home, but it was lit during pooja and somehow it reminds me of mom at our home

2) Agarbathi- The funny part is , I don't remember this as part of pooja ingredient but as a closet freshener. It is mom's go to method to keep bugs away from her closets.  I just opened a fresh bed spread I brought from India and Dewy immediately said Oh this smells like Ammumma's home

3) Dawn Dish washing liquid - It reminds me of the first day Dewy and I spent in US feeling little sad seeing the dull rainy weather outside and me questioning my sanity of coming here alone without support

4) Coconut Oil- Papadam (papads) fried for lunch. The crunchy stuff is everyone's favorite but summers at granny's has this fluffy papad which is mouth watering good and it always reminds me of that.

5) Jasmine- Our home in Avadi. We had a Jasmine creeper in home and every evening mom used to pluck them and tie them for me to wear to college/ office. (Yeah didn't give a damn about fashion sense)

6) Fresh Paper- Books. I used to buy one book every month after I started earning and I absolutely love that fresh paper smell. Recently we donated all those books to orphanage because I wanted to clear up space

Similarly I always feel everyone's home has their unique smell. Our Chennai house has one and my current one has another.

Isn't it amazing that how some smell triggers wonderful memories.

Comments

Simbu said…
Happy Birthday Janani.
May all your dreams come true.

- Silambarasan

Popular posts from this blog

To prioritize or Not to; thats the question

Freedom at Midnight

Malayalam-too tough