To Mahabs on a rainy day.

I dunno what normally they call people who go to Mahabs in a day when North West Monsoon is at its best here; but I would have called them mad. And that was what I told my mom when she told me about Mahabs trip. I barked at her when she asked me to join with them. “ No way, Moving around in Mahabs in such a slushy day is not possible”. And the reason for me saying NO was because I thought none of people will be of my category. But luckily mom’s friends brought their kids too.


My mom and her friends were giving their treat for their retirement. So it was arranged that a maxicab can be used to pick all of us from their respective places and go to Mahabs. We started off to Mahabs by 8:30. Reached Crocodile Park and roamed around for another 1 hour. Then had a sumptuous breakfast and went to Mahabs. Then started walking down the rocks starting from the Arjuna's penance to butter ball, Lighthouse, temple and then to five rathas. It’s after many years I am going there. My last visit was my school excursion. Then we went on to shore temple and sat there watching waves. The place looked totally different to me. Before tsunami we could see second temple’s gopuram and now sea seemed to have moved more closer to Shore temple.

After spending many hours walking down the rocks and watching the sculptures we came down to beach. Beach hmm … it looked rough yesterday but still stood sometime in gushing waves and got back to eat lunch.

The amazing thing is that it didn’t rain for the whole day. And the climate was not too sultry so that walking through rocks weren’t tiring. We really enjoyed the day. I dunno whether I could make a trip again to Mahabs. But this one would be memorable. Very much memorable. I am almost at the end of my vacation. Will be following Gopal’s steps to join TCS for training in another 15 days.

Kudos to Mom for giving me such a superb day!!!!!!!

Comments

Syam said…
innum orutharum varala pola sari first comment ah potutu poi padikaren :-)
radiantbear said…
Whoa, its been like what, wait.. eh em.. 8 years since I've been to Mahabs last.
Syam said…
looks like u had real fun... congratulations on joining TCS and gud luck :-)
Anonymous said…
Wow! nice post on your trip to Mahabalipuram. Seems like you had nice fun during this trip. Congrats and good luck for TCS :)
Anonymous said…
nice trip eh...rain or sun v should try to enjoy the time spent with our loved ones....idhukkapparam indha maadhiri tripukkellaam time irukkum nu thonala...and appidiye naanum all the best sollikkaren... :)
Manoj said…
guess u missed some fun at kovalam... nevertheless, crocodile park is a compensation...

and janani, andha ECR la oru veedu vaanga porenu kelvi patten... eppo??? ;)
Janani said…
@Syam
Danks :-)

@Nanyaar?
Yeah... Even it was my trip to Mahabs after a long gap. So enjoyed.

@KK
Hmmm had fun and Thanks :-)

@golmaalgopal
Nandri hai and All the Best to you Too.

@Manoj
Nee finance pannu naan vangaren
Raju said…
Nice travelog.. See.. sometimes moms are always right.. ;)
//when North West Monsoon is at its best here; but I would have called them mad. //

neega mad la nanum oruthanuga. puyal adika pogkuthunu sonna beachla poi vakaruvom. mukathil araiyum katrai anupavipathey thani than.

nanga ellam tsunami uyir polachum, adthu nal beach ku ponna alu. :)))

itha ellam anupavikanum ;)
Unknown said…
one small correction...athu north-east monsoon...jus correctin u..no ill feelings
hello janani,
I'm stopping here for the first time. Your article on Mahabalipuram, he poem(here she is) was nice. Will stop by later to read your other posts! good luck on your first job! :)
Janani said…
@Raju
Yeah many time my mom is right

@நாகை சிவா
Nala than irukkum..Appuram cold and fever vandu padutha amma kiite thitu yaar vanguva...

@Barath.M
nandri hai :-). Oru chinna technical fault...

@IndianAngel
Welcome here :-)
Danks for the wishes and do keep visiting and drop in your valuable comments.
Harish said…
Good Luck in ur first job :-)
Lijin said…
Nice post Janani. Really want to visit der after reading ur post. I just heard (and studied in lower classes) abt this place. Not seen yet :(
Best wishes for ur future...
Serendipity said…
:(( I wanna go oor visitings too:(( HHmm any scope of suthings at coimbatore?:d

Popular posts from this blog

To prioritize or Not to; thats the question

Freedom at Midnight

Malayalam-too tough