Lesson on saving

Dewy and I are out for walking!!!  I call it a Double Trouble!! Wondering why.... It a big neighborhood mall.

There is a beautiful book shop in that mall. That is one among the reasons I love that mall.

And there is a obscenely big toy shop which is ONLY reason why Dewy loves that mall.

We had a deal. We go to toy shop, buy anything she wants but the cost should be within 500 Rs. I started doing this recently so that my daughter understands and appreciates the luxury she is having.

We go on a mission. She walks around that toy shop twice and she is disappointed. She couldn't find any toy within the price I had set.

The mother in me is now little worried. In a big toy shop , my daughter couldn't still find a toy which she was eagerly waiting for.

She comes to me with a dejected face and get 2 toys for which she couldn't find a price. I see one was Rs 700 (a unicorn from "my little pony") and another one Rs 450, though I could see she really loved the pony. I told her that there is offer for the pony  and hence it is coming to 400 which is below our budget. So I asked her for confirmation and she nods quickly.

There we step out and I am proud as well as guilty . Proud that my daughter understands the need to stay within limit, guilty that at times I push her too much for her age.

We walk around and go to book shop. Now it is my turn to go fanatical.

I walk around ogling books and end up having 2 in hand. Now she looks at price and says in a really loud voice "All these are above 500 Rs. Why do you waste the hard earned money. You stay late night in office to spend like this".

The shop keeper looks on this drama.

Dewy is unmindful of the surroundings, gives me earful about the books.

Sigh.... I return those 2 books and go to search for a book within 500 Rs. It is highly difficult to find a book at that price.

But still I get one. She double checks the price and nods her approval. The guy at billing desk is now in splits , looking at this preposterous conversation.

And I buy it. So much for teaching her savings. Boomerang!!!! 

Comments

VK said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
VK said…
Of Course Life is Boomerang. Nowadays All kids are more intelligent than what we expect. Above one is the best example :)

Popular posts from this blog

To prioritize or Not to; thats the question

Freedom at Midnight

Malayalam-too tough