Indian Railways at it's best

Ahaa.... Another complaint post. If that is what is running in your mind, then you are going on a different ride.

In a country this big, this wide it is always a engineering wonder to have train connectivity to all the places and;  to run it almost to near perfection is humongous task. I think we should be proud of it

It was just another day to me until this happened.

We had a CII audit in the company for which I was supposed to talk on Gender diversity in our company. And that was in Chennai.

Spent some time on getting a deck done
Packed the bags
Convinced Dewy that it is just a day's seminar
Handled all client calls on Friday night juggling with the OLA driver. (that's a separate story to be told)
I get to the station.

Sit there to watch people ( it is a nice past time to see different facets of people and watch reactions)

If any of you had experience of sitting in Indian Railway platforms and the number of announcements, you would when I say that I didn't give a damn about the announcements for 15 minutes. The jobless observer(yours truly) suddenly notices commotion.

Tada...  A nice lady from Railway announces that my train is delayed just 8 hours and will be starting on Saturday morning instead of Friday Night.

Then I get on a call with my travel department to see if they can rearrange and I think this is like a known ending of  a badly written story. To cut the chase, I didn't go to seminar.

If they had put in some checkpoint and informed the passengers a little early, it would have solved the whole chaos.

Sighhhh... I know it is insensitive to complain at this small diversion, but how I wish we get to a point where this can also be done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To prioritize or Not to; thats the question

Freedom at Midnight

Malayalam-too tough