Friends

No one else .. literally no one else can speak about Friends other than me... ohh wait.  I am not certainly talking about that long series ( that's a completely different topic though)

I think Bible says "The righteous choose their friends carefully, but the way of the wicked leads them astray.".

This came up when I was talking to one of my colleagues here in US. He said, we need to be good to friends to survive here. That sounded kinda altruistic. Not being judgmental. Don't we always have to be good to friends.???? Or else why are you even tagging them as friends. But then since being new comer, I kept my comments to myself.

One thing I notice here is the same people who wouldn't even bother to see people's faces back in India, here the moment they sees an Indian, a smile lit up on face and even if the person knows you only by face they will volunteer if you need help(will they help in the moment of need ??? 😏I am not planning to comment again).

I wonder if it is the need to be a comfort zone, gives people that good habit which is considerably difficult to find back home. You only get nosy agony aunts. You cannot agree more with me on this.

I am little choosy whom I call them BFF. I have a limited good friends, whom I lean on, but generally a  larger population of people I keep touch with. 

Few things that sounds weird but I when I read and it makes sense

1) Strong-willed friends can help increase your self-control ( There is a Harvard study which agrees on this). I have survived only due to 2 of them.
2) Close friends could be the secret to longevity ( There is again some paper on this). I think this has got to do with fact that you dump all your worries to that person and certainly decreases your BP and increases theirs :-). I have to again mention the 2 of them who has been like pillars of strength. They certainly got BP due to me.
3)Friends help you improve your personality. Can't deny it at all. Many of the traits and likes a person develops are from their friends. Like this post and also the push to blog again has been a trait that I forgot and brought back by a friend.

To friends whom I miss after coming here and to the friends I am planning to add coming here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To prioritize or Not to; thats the question

Freedom at Midnight

Malayalam-too tough